We are seeking a Sr. Manager or a Director level individual that will head up the Facilities, EH&S and Physical Security processes to develop and implement Global facilities, health & safety, environmental and physical security programs across Codex DNA offices. This role will report to the VP of Global Operations. A successful candidate will have an enthusiastic entrepreneurial work ethic. This person will work closely with the IT Team and VP of Information Technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Global facilities and real estate strategy/policies, operations, budget, and KPIs for Codex DNA properties and leases globally.
- Manage global EH&S strategy and develop policies, KPIs, and safety procedures
- Schedule and supervise maintenance workers engaged in building upkeep and repair, responsible for safety and security, electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and ventilation services
- Develop and monitor department budget; order equipment and supplies and monitor inventory; make requests for capital outlay expenditures as needed.
- Develop, implement, and supervise preventative maintenance and renovation programs for buildings, grounds, mechanical and electrical, utility, and safety and security systems
- Develop physical security concepts (access controls and surveillance)
- Manage environmental policy (energy, Biohazardous, and chemical waste management) and energy procurement (electricity, gas)
- Manage HQ office planning (capacity planning, relocation projects, reconfigurations, flexible work solutions, lease negotiations)
- Direct vendors including Electrical, HVAC, Mechanical, Structural, Plumbing, and Janitorial.
- Direct 3rd party and Agency activities and ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Oversee of all processes ensuring conformance to federal, provincial, and local regulations, and conformance with company and customer policies.
- Ensure safety is factored into everything we do and is a significant consideration in all activities including customer relations, policy implementation enforcement, budget preparation and cost control.
- Build and manage relationships with the Site Leadership and Business Unit managers to ensure their needs are met.
- Interact with customer and client personnel to determine and meet customer/client expectations.
- Coordinate activities to ensure effective and efficient performance in all activities to minimize disruption and impact to building occupants.
- Maintain accurate and organized inspection and maintenance records
- All other duties as assigned or necessary
- Daily function will require frequent travel between local Codex DNA sites
Working Conditions: (Select from Below is applicable)
- As a critical and essential role, the candidate must be willing and able to travel to the San Diego, CA office to report to work. We have protocols in place to provide a safe, socially distanced work environment.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
9535 Waples St Suite 100
10182 Telesis Court Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92121
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in major site Facilities Management with an extensive background in supervision, planning/scheduling, and budgeting preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in general EH&S with at least 5 years of experience managing EH&S and security.
- At least 5 years’ experience managing corporate office and lab space, required
- Strong Technical background in electrical, mechanical, industrial and computer systems.
- Asset Management and Building Automation Systems
- Safety, Quality & Compliance
- Highly adaptable and independent
- Thrive in a start-up, rapidly growing company environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills, great computer skills
- Take initiative and have a growth mindset
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field, and/or Facilities Management Certificate and relevant experience
- Degree in Environmental Management or Occupational Safety and Health is highly desirable
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred to ensure continuing education of current EH&S trends and knowledge.
- Membership and demonstrated active participation in industry related professional organizations (SMRP, IFMA, BOMA, etc.) with applicable professional certification is desired.
Our mission is to apply our breakthroughs in automation solutions for DNA, RNA, and protein synthesis to enable customers to program and "write" synthetic biology that creates sustainable healthcare and technology solutions for some of humanity’s biggest challenges. Our gene synthesis portfolio reduces the turnaround time for synthesizing workflows from weeks and months to days and hours, and includes the BioXp™ system, DNA services, Gibson Assembly® reagents, and Vmax™ chemically competent cells. In addition to automating, accelerating, and optimizing DNA design, synthesis, cloning and amplification, Codex DNA and the BioXp™ system ensure your designs stay in your hands, marrying speed and security for innovators in drug discovery, vaccine development, precision medicine, and beyond.