Job Title: Webmaster IIIReports to: Associate Director, Digital Strategies
FLSA Class: Exempt
Introduction to Job Post:
The Webmaster III leads the development of and is responsible for maintaining the back-end of the website and the integration of the site with other systems such as chat, Shareaholic, Bright Cove etc. Maintenance of the back-end of the website includes and is not limited to regularly checking the integrity of data and resolving any data quality issues, maintaining workflow to insure smooth content creation and approval and management of punch list items and website enhancement. Regularly reports on industry best practices and develops clear proposals of how Takara Bio web presence can be developed to be a more effective marketing tool.
The Webmaster III reports to the Associate Director, Digital Strategies and is responsible for leading and working independently to support the timely implementation and maintenance of all web improvement and issue resolution. This includes updating knowledge about changing trends and industry best practices. It is expected that the Webmaster III will take a lead role in these activities and will regularly update all stakeholders about status and any issues that may occur.
The Webmaster III role is office-based.
- Responsible for the development and administration of the Takara Bio public, intranet, regional and legacy sites. This includes regular evaluation (at least monthly) of data quality and integrity and resolving issues as needed. It also includes the management of users and workflow to ensure that there is a smooth creation and management of content creation. Develop, propose, initiate, plan and execute projects to improve functionality and navigation of both the public and intranet sites.
- Responsibilities include being an expert user resource for other users and resolving issues when they occur. Be fully conversant in all web architecture and maintain a full array of work instructions for web maintenance.
- Create clear specifications and definition documents as needed to support web development projects to improve web functionality, enhance customer experience and overall support the smooth running of the website. Able to author and develop content templates using ASP.NET, C#, HTML and CSS and create custom reports and necessary.
- Test the websites functionalities including ecommerce on a regular basis, and report issues. If it is determined there is an issue with systems, independently work with the appropriate teams to log tickets, manage tickets and test tickets to ensure that the underlying issue has been resolved.
- Be knowledgeable about Takara Bio business practices so that can clearly identify who is the owner of issues and then lead and work with internal and external teams to resolve the issues.
- Be the subject matter expert for complex CMS implementations and be fully conversant with eCommerce implementations. Lead, support and participate in resolving issues by logging and managing tickets including providing information to assist in debugging webservice, databases, and load on servers.
- Create and update training/work instructions on a regular basis. Maintain help function within the site so that other users have a helpful reference. Train internal stakeholders, distributers, and regional partners on a regular basis.
- Serve as liaison with website vendors, and hosting company as needed. This includes providing reports to Affiliates to assist with their linking and curating content on the site.
- Be conversant with, manage and comply with regulations such as GDPR.
- This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Education/Certification, Experience, and Competencies:
- BA/BS degree in computer science or closely related field is highly desirable.
- 5-8 years’ experience working on web content authoring, CMS management, ecommerce management, SEO, Google Analytics and web programming is required.
- Experience with Ingeniux CMS preferred.
- Working knowledge of .NET, Apache, java scripts, SQL queries, HTML/CSS, C# and XML is preferred.
- Working knowledge of internet marketing, Marketo and Social Media is preferred. Strong troubleshooting, analytical and critical thinking skills, strong attention to detail with a focus on producing quality error-free work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders such as product managers, developers, agencies, graphic designers, technical writers, and regional stakeholders.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
AAP/EEO Statement:Takara Bio USA, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.