The Web Producer directs digital production, maintenance and architecture on Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center web properties as part of the UX Team in the Center's Communications and Marketing department. Responsibilities include project management, creating/executing/curating content, defining/driving content strategy and supporting email campaigns and fundraising efforts including online donation forms/auto responders.
Producers are responsible for creating/editing/optimizing pages, user flows and content in the Center's content management system (Adobe CQ) as well as data analysis (web traffic Google Analytics) and support of our online fundraising platform (Convio/Blackbaud). Building collaborative relationships with designers, writers and developers that drive quality and innovation is paramount. Web Producers report to the Creative Director, Design & User Experience within the Content and Platform team.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Produce, edit, and maintain content for Center web pages, forms, email campaigns and special content areas for the Development department (registrations, donation forms and team fundraising sites).
- Participate or manage the planning and implementation of site architecture with global structure in mind.
- Develop, manage and implement project plans, site maps.
- Manage project workflow, meet deadlines and handle multiple jobs/projects simultaneously.
- Identify opportunities to improve UX/UI to ensure excellent online experiences for internal and external audiences.
- Work with stakeholders to gather information and develop specific plans for their representation on Center websites.
- Work closely with graphic designers, developers, writers, marketing and other Center clients on projects and general maintenance of websites.
- Determine web page layout and design planning. Create HTML emails, e-newsletters and assist in graphic production following brand and style guidelines.
- Develop collaborative relationships across the Center, including the scientific divisions, Development and other Administrative functions.
- Set the bar for excellence and innovation in online storytelling, interactives and ideation to amplify the Fred Hutch mission and public awareness of the impact of our science.
Summary of Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, communications or related field
- 5+ years in a web production role
- 5+ years project management experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with HTML, Photoshop, CSS, Dreamweaver and website content management systems.
- Expert knowledge of web design and architecture principles.
- Strong planning and project management skills, staff management and proactive customer services experience.
- Outstanding content strategy skills, as well as writing, copyediting and proofing experience.
- Experience in fundraising and email best practices, production.
- Multimedia editing/production for web (slideshows, image editing, etc).
- Ability to juggle and complete competing projects and deadlines.
- Detail-oriented. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven experience adhering to web standards.
- Team player and adaptable to changing needs and priorities.
- Scientific expertise and understanding of the not-for-profit research space a plus.
- Adobe CQ, Serena Collage and Convio/Blackbaud fundraising platform familiarity preferred.
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE