We are looking to recruit and experienced and talented full-stack web developer to join the Ensembl Genomes Team at the European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL_EBI) located on the Wellcome Genome Campus near Cambridge in the UK.
Ensembl Genomes (http://www.ensemblgenomes.org) provides access to genome-scale data from non-vertebrate species, utilising the Ensembl software platform for genome analysis and annotation. The successful candidate will work as part of a team of web developers with responsibilities including:
- The maintenance of the software infrastructure needed for public service
- The development of new features for data visualisation and analysis
- Developing the Ensembl platform in conjunction with the Ensembl and Ensembl Genomes teams
- Providing web support for other EMBL-EBI projects mainly based on Ensembl technology or data
- Data production coordination