The Vertebrate Genomics Team seeks an enthusiastic full stack developer to work on websites for the Ensembl project at the European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI), which is located on the Wellcome Genome Campus near Cambridge in the UK.
Ensembl (http://www.ensembl.org/) is one of the most successful large-scale bioinformatics projects and one of the leading projects for genome annotation. Utilising Ensembl’s software stack for genome analysis and annotation the Ensembl web team develops interfaces for the dissemination and analysis of genome data. The same software stack is reused in Ensembl’s sister project Ensembl Genomes (http://www.ensemblgenomes.org). The successful candidate will work as part of a team of web developers with responsibilities including:
• Maintenance of the infrastructure needed for public service including mirror sites hosted on Amazon Web Services’ EC2 platform
• Development of new features for data visualisation and analysis
• Helping to ensure that the regular, scheduled updates to the Ensembl website are released as planned
• Developing the Ensembl platform in conjunction with the Ensembl and Ensembl Genomes teams
• Providing web support for other EMBL-EBI projects mainly based on Ensembl technology or data