Sr. Verification and Validation Engineer
Next-gen genomic sequencing is a new frontier. The complexity and sheer size of the data in the life sciences will make astronomical data problems look modest. Bina has been acquired by Roche Sequencing, and we are not only changing science, but we are changing lives.
Join us as a member of Roche Sequencing's V&V team, where you will be responsible for developing the test plans, verification strategies, traceability and test infrastructure for Roche Sequencing products. You will implement and test cutting-edge, distributed, scale-out next-generation sequencing data analysis software to ensure highest possible software quality for gene sequencing research and disease diagnostics, which is a pillar for the growing infrastructure needed to understand the human genome with speed, scale, and accuracy. Code to cure!
This is truly disruptive. Get off the sidelines and into the game. #Code2Cure
How you will spend your time:
- Work independently to create, maintain and execute automation and manual test plans.
- Create traceability between test plans and formal requirement documents.
- Participate in scrum meetings, be involved in requirements gathering, creation of user stories, test cases and defects.
- Identification of software defects as early as possible in the software development process, and problem resolution to management.
- Work with development team to improve unit test coverage, frameworks and productivity tools.
- Work with cross functional teams and a variety of disciplines such as scientists, regulatory, and quality to gain understanding of the product which will aid the creation of the test plans.
- Participate in evaluation of tools, test development, automation environment used for software verification.
Experience and skills you will need:
- 3-6 years of experience with the development and execution of formal requirement documents, test plans, verification strategies, traceability in Agile and/or V-Model development teams.
- Experience with test automation tools such as: Selenium, Protractor, JUnit, Cucumber, and Command Line Tools (Linux Shell) and testing backend systems including creating complex datasets and verifying databases
- Experience testing medical devices(Preferred).
- Experience or knowledge of genomics, bioinformatics, or Data Analysis a plus.
We code to cure! Bina Technologies is now part of Roche Sequencing, and together we are using our passion for improving lives by accelerating the science of personalized medicine. We are changing science and changing lives. In our team, you will find Life Science meets Computer Science. Being part of the Roche Sequencing team will take us beyond working on just one product in the genomic sequencing lifecycle, unleashing us to work across the spectrum. Same great dedication and determination to build the software and systems to empower better diagnostics, but with a lot more horsepower and industry recognition. Read on, for more reasons to consider joining our mission to #Code2Cure
The science of interpreting the human genome is an exciting work in progress. Next-generation sequencing and genomic technologies are providing us with unprecedented visibility into the origins of health and disease. However, the main challenge is enabling the analysis and management of massive datasets being produced by scientists and researchers around the world.
- Genomic industry data is doubling every seven months. – 2X as fast as Moore's law for transistor density.
- Over 3 years, a full operating sequencing cluster generates over 6 petabytes of data. That's six hundred times larger than the data generated over 3 years on YouTube.
- We're talking about exabytes (1018) of raw, unprocessed, sequence data in a few years.
- From a tech-perspective, the genomics world is really behind computer science, but it means we have this opportunity to leap years ahead – not just make incremental changes.
We are dedicated to tackling this challenge every day. We know the ability to analyze and manage these datasets will revolutionize how we diagnose disease, develop drugs, and treat patients, especially in complex cases such as cancer.
Watch our code2cure meetup presentation and slide deck here
With a strong interdisciplinary knowledge in science and technology, we are elevating the speed and quality of genomic analysis, bringing us one step closer to solutions that will change and save lives.
Headquartered in Redwood City, California, Bina Technologies was recently acquired by Hoffmann-La Roche and now is part of Roche Sequencing.
Why work with us?
Because you want to make your mark in this world, are relentless in the pursuit of excellence and you are ready to code to cure.
Culture – What's important to us, and ideally to you:
- People First: Create an environment of trust and respect.
- Own It: Take accountability to drive quality results.
- Speak Up: Actively speak up, listen, and encourage open dialogue.
- Innovate Now: Seek new ideas and embrace our diverse strengths.
- Succeed as One: Actively collaborate to achieve our common goal.
Roche Sequencing is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Outside Recruiters: Please do not contact Roche Sequencing employees with unsolicited resumes. Any resume sent by an outside agency without an explicit signed Bina generated agency agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and will not be eligible for payment.