It is a unique time in oncology research, diagnostics and treatment. Paradigms are changing and the regulatory environment is in flux. Clinical trials in cancer immunotherapy have seen unprecedented responses in previously intractable diseases, such as metastatic melanoma. Large pharmaceutical companies are embracing entirely different ways of treating cancer in their development programs. These new approaches to treatment don’t work for all and researchers are also racing to understand why some patients respond and other do not. The hunt is also on for new biomarkers and new types of tools and diagnostics are in demand and will emerge. The opportunity for NanoString at this time is unprecedented. We are now looking for an exceptional marketing leader to join our team as Vice President Marketing and help us continue to drive growth with a tremendously exciting, emerging portfolio in oncology, clinical markets and basic research.
The VP Marketing will report to the S.VP and GM Life Sciences. The position-holder will be responsible for leading and executing product strategy and providing marketing oversight of the company’s instrumentation, reagents and informatics portfolio for the research and clinical markets, with a particular emphasis in oncology. The VP Marketing will interface extensively with the global sales team, R&D leads, the S.VP Corporate and Business Development and CEO. The marketing leader will also manage an established marketing and marketing communications team, located at the company’s offices in Seattle.
- Driving NanoString’s Life Science product portfolio, particularly in the emerging oncology field.
- Managing direct reports and team development including: people hiring, performance management, team building, annual goal setting and career development.
- Leading the product management team from product concept to post launch evaluation through NanoString’s product life cycle process in partnership with the development and manufacturing teams.
- Collaborating with the leaders of the R&D and Business Development teams to help identify, define and drive new business / product opportunities and related third party collaborations with key opinion leaders and pharmaceutical partners.
- Ensuring the team has robust, quantitative market research to support business proposals, NPD, and product positioning.
- Partnering with R&D and working with the Marketing team to develop strategies, messaging and product enhancements to address competitive threats and position offerings versus current/emerging technologies and products.
- Managing the life cycle and refreshment of current products to maximize growth.
- Recommending and monitoring pricing, discounting strategy, portfolio margins, profitability and value extraction.
- Providing unparalleled support and partnership to support an extensive global sales and operations teams.
- Development of annual plans, budgets and sales forecasts with the Worldwide VP of Sales and Finance departments.
- Orchestrating the businesses out-bound marketing program and sales campaigns through web development, e-media, tradeshows, white papers, press releases and other media.