The VP of Business Development will actively assess relevant markets, identify new business opportunities, and implement a corporate business development strategy to increase the company’s revenue in the pharma, biotechnology and diagnostics sectors. The VP Business Development will be an advisor to and collaborator with the management team, working closely with the CEO. This individual will direct all sales and business development activities; he or she will set corresponding performance goals for the company and be responsible for their realization.
- Analyzes market conditions and the company’s existing business (including its sales, expertise, potential, long term and strategic plans for sustained growth)
- Identifies new business opportunities and strategies to improve the company's market position for financial growth
- Creates and implements a corporate business development strategy
- Plans and leads strategic business development initiatives
- Researches the competition and generates potential leads
- Networks and builds client relationships
- Identifies client needs and proposes insightful solutions, including selecting technologies or proposing custom R&D projects based on detailed knowledge of company’s technical capabilities
- Leads potential transactions, prepares and presents sales proposals, negotiates and closes high-value contracts with large pharma, biotechnology and diagnostics companies
- Develops budgets, performs financial analysis.
- Prepares and participates in product demonstrations, seminars, webinars, etc.
- Expands the global proteomics business
- Builds partnerships with other companies.
- Finds ways to better serve existing markets and creates marketing campaigns.
- Performs other related duties as needed.