Viral Genome Curator
Computercraft seeks a highly motivated scientist with research experience in virology, bioinformatics, computational biology, phylodynamics, and/or genomics. The successful candidate will work with a team of virologists and computer scientists to improve viral sequence resources at the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), part of the National Library of Medicine (NLM), National Institutes of Health (NIH). Principal responsibilities include the following:
- Contribute scientific expertise and insight to support public health and scientific use cases through the NCBI Virus Resource, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/virus/vssi/#/.
- Identify emerging data requirements and help set goals and priorities for the development of customer centric NCBI Virus resources and data products.
- Improve sequence data quality, classification, and annotation based on bioinformatic analysis, appropriate scientific literature, and through direct communication with scientists.
- Design, implement, and support viral sequence data and metadata standards and associated processes and solutions within the NCBI viral resources.
- Encourage the submission of virus-related sequence data to GenBank through direct interaction with scientific communities and the support of resources and tools that serve important community needs.