The New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF), a nonprofit biotech whose mission is to accelerate treatments and cures for major diseases through stem cell research, is an acknowledged world leader in stem cell research. The NYSCF Research Institute, its in house laboratory and research accelerator, has grown quickly to include 40 laboratory researchers. The objective of the VP, a new position, will be to expand NYSCF’s impact through collaborations and commercialization of the Institute’s research to accelerate treatments and cures for disease.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborates closely with NYSCF's CEO, CFO, scientific team, scientific advisors, patent attorneys, and other members of NYSCF's senior team to help set and execute on scientific initiatives.
- Identifies, evaluates, and pursues strategic alliances with pharmaceutical, biotech partners and research institutes resulting from the Institute's Global Stem Cell Array and related research.
- Develops, structures, and negotiates appropriate business arrangements with these strategic partners, including cross-marketing and sponsorship partnerships, licensing agreements, joint ventures, and other relevant arrangements.
- Identifies and develops strategy for spinning out technology into for profit companies.
- Oversees and manages related technology transfer, patents, contracts and intellectual property.
- Executes goals, communicates progress and tracks results with input from NYSCF's leadership.
- Oversees the plan and execution of a comprehensive marketing strategy
- Prepares and presents talks for professional meetings, seminars and conferences, as needed to achieve above business development objectives.
- Requires 20% travel
- PhD and JD or MBA with extensive knowledge of translating scientific discovery into issued IP.
- A minimum of ten years business development experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical environment.
- Experience required in stem cell use for drug screening and/or regenerative medicine.
- Extensive contacts in the pharmaceutical/biotech field relevant to drug licensing.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and execute operating agreements with corporate partners.
- Strong business acumen and scientific understanding, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to thrive and produce results in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.