This NA ComOps leadership position takes direct control for the responsibilities to deliver annual NA revenue budget for instrumentation, instrument service and to develop new High Throughput Instrumentation custom automation solutions, while respecting Operating Expense Budgets.
• Lead – Instrument Sales Managers, Instrumentation Marketing, Field Applications and Lab Applications Team(s) to support and deliver annual NA instrumentation and instrument service revenue targets
• Delight – Customers, including internal customers, with exceptional applications support, application lab services, instrumentation demonstration capabilities and new applications development services
• Build – new automation commercial capabilities, including team professional development for existing portfolio, High Throughput Automation and future instrumentation portfolios
•Lead definition of North American Commercial instrumentation, automation and services vision, strategy and roadmap in alignment with business strategy and objectives
•Work with VP, Sales and President, NA Commercial Operations to define Sales and Applications Support programs and plans aligned with North American vision and strategy through cross country/territory collaboration, prioritization and alignment
•Support the design of the instrumentation and automation selling strategy, applications support and targeting approach (resource allocation, sales force size, geographic deployment, promotional grid, reach and frequency, etc) for new product introductions and existing products ensuring alignment with marketing strategy and portfolio positioning
Project Management / Leadership:
• Actively participate in North American Mgmt. Team meetings and collaborate with VP, Sales (East and West) and Marketing (GPM and NA ComOps Marketing).
• Interface with North American and Global Management to drive new applications or instrumentation projects and ensure continuous improvement approaches.
• Provide Oversight for all assigned North American Commercial instrumentation, automation and applications development opportunities
• Oversee deployment and performance of instrumentation, automation and applications sales and support forces across North America.
Coaching/Development & Communication:
•Identify sales force training and development needs and support designing and implementing modules and programs to cover the identified gaps (skills, competency, etc.)
•Support education & training of sales force in the concepts, processes, methodology and benefits of Sales Excellence
•Develop and share best practices across the organization
•Ensure appropriate pan-North American communication for projects and training.
Systems & Processes:
•Develop and roll out Sales Force Automation and Business Intelligence (KPIs) Processes and Tools in order to drive sales force effectiveness and efficiency and market share gains across North America
•Drive utilization of CRM compliance and reporting, including sales funnel management
•Drive QIAGEN Performance Evaluation System to as standardized employee performance feedback and professional development system
•Member of Global Automation Task Force, representing NA ComOps
•Define and standardize North American Sales and Applications Support Excellence KPIs measurements, application and monitoring across North America. Deliver monthly report on project progress in terms of activities to be distributed across North American management. (incl. ad-hoc and regular analysis). Deliver QIAGEN PES professional talent management programs and system to monitor individual performance and create employee professional development plans
•Assess Sales Force (SF) strategy and implementation progress and sales force preparedness (incl. regular Field travel in priority sales regions to gain deep understanding of Sales Performance status of team(s) and individuals and requirements for success)