Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and serving as a key member of the senior management team, the Vice President, Human Resources will drive optimal organizational performance of New York Genome’s human capital function. The successful candidate will be influential in establishing New York Genome Center’s culture with scalable and sustainable programs, processes, tools, and systems. The Vice President, Human Resources will be a key culture carrier for the organization and a trusted advisor, coach and confidante for the senior management team.
Specifically, the successful candidate will lead all areas of human resources including strategic recruitment and on-boarding, compensation, wellness programs and benefits, performance management, rewards & recognition, learning & development, compliance, employee relations, organizational development, and safety.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the NYGC's human resource function and performance;
- Supervise a growing HR team, including talent acquisition, benefits administration, compensation, succession planning, retention, training, compliance, etc.;
- Lead the development of the NYGC’s plans and programs as a strategic partner with particular emphasis on human capital;
- Develop and implement comprehensive staffing strategies, plans and programs to identify talent, develop and retain staff across all functionalities within and outside NYGC;
- Maximize talent acquisition function to compose a multi-faceted highly productive NYGC staff covering all aspects of the Genome Center goals and objectives;
- Benchmark and develop industry-specific, progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance, providing programs that utilize employee and company partnership for the short and long-range health and welfare of the Genome Center and our employees;
- Encourage a diverse workplace at all levels of the organizations, embracing applicants and employees of all backgrounds;
- Develop human resource planning models to identify key competencies, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for the anticipating and filling gaps before they emerge;
- Design and implement a comprehensive organizational talent review and succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, as well as general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of NYGC;
- Design and implement comprehensive trainings and professional development programs to prepare and encourage high-performing employees to take on more significant responsibilities;
- Continually assess the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable academic institutions, industries and markets providing industry competitive intelligence;
- Establish credibility throughout the organization with management and the employees in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of personnel issues;
- Develop appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the corporation. Included in this area, but not limited only to the following, would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education and career development;
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce human resources policies and procedures of NYGC by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation. In particular, manage the human resource information systems database and necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the corporation;
- Oversee vendor relationships with relocation and executive search consultants;
- Manage the budget and other financial measures of the Human Resources & Administration functions.
- Oversee and interact with outside Counsel with respect to Employment and HR issues.