- MS in life sciences field required, Advanced Degree in Life Sciences a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of practical experience in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceuticals, Clinical Research, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Built a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) lab, including New York certification
- Minimum of 5 years managing and operating a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) lab
- Proficient in FDA and international regulations.
- Experience with molecular diagnostics.
- Experience with supply chain and operations.
- Experience with large scale/volume laboratory throughput.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable domestic and international (US and International) regulations and requirements.
- Experience within the medical industry with knowledge performing their function within the Food & Drug Administration (FDA), Quality System Regulations (QSRs), International Organization of Standardization (ISO).
- Ability to take strategic direction and establish efficient and compliant processes throughout the organization and has strong communication at all levels.
- Excellent management skills and demonstrated success in negotiation
Ancestry (www.ancestry.com) Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing the information found in family trees, historical records, genetics and health history to help people gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Ancestry has more than 2 million paying subscribers across its family history websites and approximately 1.2 million DNA samples in the AncestryDNA database. Since 1996, more than 16 billion records have been added, and users have created more than 70 million family trees on the Ancestry flagship site and its affiliated international websites. Ancestry offers a suite of family history products including Archives, Fold3, Newspapers.com and AncestryDNA sold by its subsidiary, Ancestry.com DNA, LLC, and the AncestryHealth product, offered by its subsidiary AncestryHealth.com, LLC.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.