The Vice President of Diagnostics Marketing will provide executive leadership and direction of NanoString’s diagnostics marketing and commercialization strategies, on a worldwide basis. S/he will be a critical thought partner to NanoString’s Sr.VP Corporate and Business Development, CMO, VP Global Diagnostic Commercialization and other executives, including the CEO. The position holder will have the strategic capability to create sustainable markets for state of the art, precision diagnostics for some of the most exciting new drugs in oncology, such as those emerging in the field of Immuno-Oncology.
NanoString is a company at the forefront of developing and commercializing new diagnostics in a turbulent environment with shifting agency guidance, rapidly changing technologies, societal and payor pressures on the costs of combination therapies of new drugs and a need to capture increased value from diagnostic tests, compared to traditional diagnostics. In this environment, the VP Diagnostics Marketing must have the commercial gravitas to immediately gain the respect and credibility of existing and future Pharma partners, understand their concerns and speak their language. Equally, the position holder will also need to have credibility with the payors, regulators and other key stakeholders.
The VP Diagnostics Marketing will be responsible for brand management of each of NanoString’s diagnostics, directing the development of commercial plans for these brands and associated implementation to penetrate markets. The position holder will assign budgets, control costs and execute against the annual plan. S/he will be responsible for strengthening NanoString’s diagnostics marketing group, on a continuing basis, to form a best-in-class team for commercializing emerging diagnostics, as recognized by the company’s Pharmaceutical partners and other stakeholders.
The position holder reports to VP Global Diagnostic Commercialization, with a team in the US and Europe.
Development of annual plans, budgets and sales forecasts with the Diagnostics Marketing Team, Worldwide VP of Sales and Finance department and commercial input into NanoString’s annual long range planning (LRP) process.
- Conceptualize and articulate a clear vision for the business that engages all functional areas and stakeholders.
- With the Sr. VP Corporate and Business Development, lead diagnostics capability presentations to future pharma partners and develop sustainable business models for the resulting diagnostics products.
- Represent and champion NanoString’s diagnostics business externally to executive level pharma, the payor community, leading clinical thought leaders, stakeholders and BoD members.
- Work with the CMO to provide commercial inputs and underlying rationale to support clinical study designs, whilst having the flexibility to be receptive to different ways to deliver commercial needs through the clinical program.
- Partner with the market access team, global sales, medical affairs and regulatory affairs to ensure goals are aligned across the diagnostics business and NanoString’s diagnostic brands.
- Leadership of the diagnostics team and development including: hiring exceptional talent, performance management, annual goal setting and employee development and motivation.