Claritas Genomics seeks a full-time Variant Scientist in our clinical molecular genetics team who will contribute to our mission of providing world class clinical genomic information to patients and providers.
The successful candidate will join our clinical team providing full-service pediatric, next-generation molecular diagnostics services.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Apply expertise towards genomic variant curation, classification and interpretation; put into the context of relevance to human genetic disorders
- Support consistent and rigorous variant interpretation practices
- Work cross-functionally to identify and support improvements in variant interpretation processes
- Seek and implement opportunities for increased throughput and efficiency
- Work collaboratively with the other members of the clinical team to ensure timely and accurate result return to our clients
- Define processes and write SOPs for variant curation
- Support projects for development of new test offerings and gene-level curation