Celmatix is a research-driven personalized medicine company focused on maximizing fertility. We are looking for a Variant Scientist to join our growing Clinical Team.
The Variant Scientist will be responsible for the regular review, processing, interpretation, and analysis of genetic variants that are identified through Celmatix’s own WES (Whole Exome Sequencing) and Targeted NGS DNA sequencing platforms, as well as those which are identified through outside scientific research and/or publication in scientific journals. This includes managing the associated genetic and variant data using the internal Celmatix database systems built for that purpose. A key part of the Variant Scientist role includes monitoring the scientific literature around the defined genes and variants of interest to the company, and maintaining the internal Celmatix databases, established annotation pipeline, and communications regarding those findings.
The successful candidate will combine understanding and expertise in genetics/genomics, bioinformatics, and biomedical research with experience in project management. This candidate should have a willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Manage the regular review, processing, interpretation, and analysis of genetic variants
- Monitor the scientific literature for publications related to genetic variation of interest to Celmatix research and products
- Maintain Celmatix internal databases of genetic variation, keeping articles intended for clinical, scientific, and lay audiences up to date
- Maintain the established Celmatix annotation pipeline
- Develop and present communications related to identified genetic variants and the associated findings
- Act as a liaison between Biointerpretation and Genetic Communications teams, sharing latest research in support of clinical products