We currently have a position open for a Vaccines Validation Scientist at our Indianapolis, IN site. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Development and validation of novel and complex vaccine assays. Incumbent
- Offers expert analytical knowledge with applications and instrumentation in area of expertise and conceive and implement creative solutions.
- Provides technical consultation to clients.
- Trains coworkers where appropriate and performs established laboratory procedures and assays in accordance with Covance quality principles.
- Maintain high standards in all aspects of departmental and laboratory functions
- Develops new assays and implements new approaches or technologies to enhance the scientific capabilities of Covance CLS and the Vaccine Development Services group
Bachelors of Science degree and 5 years relevant Experience in the area of vaccine research and development.
Masters of Science or Ph.D. PREFERRED
Experience - Minimum 5 years in the area of vaccine research and development.
- Required Experience in two of the four following areas of focus: Microbiology, Immunochemistry, Genomics and/or Flow Cytometry
- Knowledge of GCP ,GLP and regulatory guidelines
- Proficiency in project management skills
- Ability to conduct literature reviews
- Skilled in data interpretation and report writing for studies.
- Assist operational leaders with converting scientific theory into laboratory operational practices/capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to provide scientific guidance and feedback to technical staff to correct artifacts and prevent reoccurrence of problems, and to ensure accuracy and compliance with protocols, SOP's and client expectations of quality laboratory services
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of analytical instrumentation
- Knowledge of preclinical/clinical assays and the transition from preclinical to clinical development.
- Experience in assay transfer and development strongly preferred
- Demonstrated interpersonal and teamwork skills
EEO Employer Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.