Job Title: Territory Manager II (Boston)Reports to: Regional Sales ManagerFLSA Class: Exempt Introduction to Job Post:The Territory Manager II reports to the Regional Sales Manager and is responsible for achieving sales revenue targets in the Boston, MA area. The ideal candidate will be based in the immediate Boston area, possess strong understanding of molecular biology, exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit, and have demonstrated success selling to the life science market. The Territory Manager II role is remote-based. Travel, including overnight, is required approximately 20%. Essential Functions:
- Meet and/or exceed sales targets for the assigned geographical territory.
- Responsible for the sales of company’s products within an assigned geographic territory and or within an assigned group of accounts. Achieves sales budget by the growth of existing accounts and the development of new accounts.
- Demonstrates ability to identify, advance and close new business opportunities by creating and executing a strategic business plan.
- Demonstrates advanced selling skills including call preparation, introduction, presentation and closing.
- Possess advanced product expertise and ability to cross sell.
- Updates and maintains the customer relationship management (CRM) software tool to ensure full transparency of customer information across the organization.
- Communicates potential opportunities with the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) and Product Managers by entering pertinent information into CRM.
- Demonstrates advanced expertise in strategic account planning, sales analysis and time management.
- In collaboration with Regional Sales Manager, develops short and long-range strategies for product expansion; assesses potential application of the company products to meet customer needs and prepares detailed product specifications for the development, implementation, and customization of customer solutions.
- Makes presentations on new and existing products to current and potential customers.
- Provides timely communication and follow-up to customers; consistently exceeding the customer’s expectations.
- Collaborates with RSM, Product Managers and/or R&D to offer presentations, product demonstrations, and on-site customer visits.
- Maintains advanced level of product and market knowledge.
- Attends trade and vendor shows and meetings as required.
- Provides highly relevant market and competitive information to the organization.
- Provides innovative problem-solving approaches to address challenges encountered.
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered, shares approach with others.
- Assists in providing training to other Sales staff.
- Demonstrated success in Biotech/Pharma accounts where a clear strategy/process produces revenue growth.
- Successfully mentors new/existing territory managers with an emphasis towards best sales practices.
- Creates and executes business plan to increase revenue within territory.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Education/Certification, Experience, and Competencies:
- BS, MS, PhD, in Cell, Molecular Biology or related life science discipline.
- 3-5 years of successful sales experience at a life science research tools company.
- 2-4 years lab bench experience in Cell, Molecular Biology or related area.
- Must have and maintain a satisfactory driving record, valid driving license, and automobile insurance at all times.
AAP/EEO Statement:Takara Bio USA, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Disclaimer:Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.