Job Title: Territory Manager I (New England)
Reports to: Senior Regional Sales Manager
FLSA Class: Exempt
Introduction to Job Post:
The Territory Manager I reports to the Senior Regional Sales Manager and is responsible for achieving sales revenue targets in assigned territories throughout western Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Maine. The ideal candidate should be centrally located in Connecticut or Rhode Island. The Territory Manager I will have a strong understanding of molecular biology and exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit with a desire to build a successful sales career at Takara Bio USA.
The Territory Manager I role is remote-based.
Approximately 50% travel, including overnight, may be required.
- Responsible for the sales of company’s products within an assigned geographic territory and or within an assigned group of accounts.
- Achieves sales budget by growing sales of existing and new accounts.
- Identifies, explores and closes new business opportunities at new and existing accounts via follow up of previous sales calls, invoices, Tech Support cases, webinar attendees, sample requests, customer referrals and other sources.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively implement and execute corporate sales and marketing strategy and tactics.
- Demonstrates ability to implement effective selling techniques utilized by the organization. Creates and executes questioning strategies designed to advance objectives of call, value proposition and closing statements.
- Updates and maintains the customer relationship management (CRM) software tool to ensure full transparency of customer information across the organization.
- Communicates potential opportunities with the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) and Product Managers by entering pertinent information into CRM.
- Monitors and updates revenue opportunities to completion.
- Learns and understands the technical details of key products in order to make presentations to current and potential customers.
- Provides timely communication and follow-up to customers; consistently meets the customer’s expectations.
- Collaborates with RSM, Product Managers and/or R&D to offer presentations, product demonstrations, and on-site customer visits.
- Attends trade and vendor shows and meetings as required.
- Provides pertinent market and competitive information to the organization.
- Analyzes accounts, competition and product mix; Identifies areas for likely sales growth and executes plan to achieve it.
- Contributes to business plan to increase revenue within territory.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Education/Certification, Experience, and Competencies:
- BS, MS, PhD, in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or related life science discipline.
- 0-4 years of sales experience in a life science related area.
- 2-4 years lab bench experience in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or related area.
- Must have and maintain a satisfactory driving record, valid driving license, and automobile insurance at all times.
Takara Bio USA, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.