All About Us
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies list three years running, including #1 in 2014. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.
The Territory Account Manager's role is to ensure achievement of territory sales objectives in line with the Company's mission; to develop and implement sales plans through both strategic and tactical activities; and to provide regular feedback on status of specific sales opportunities, the market and competitor activities.
The territory for this position will cover Upstate New York and individuals can live in any metro area in the region.
All About You
Preferred Experiential Background:
- Knowledge of clinical and research applied genetics and genomics is required.
- 3+ years or equivalent of proven life science capital sales experience.
- Experience in a capital sales strategic selling environment.
- Demonstrated track record in lead generation and prospecting.
- Highly adaptable and independent.
- Strong desire to win business and establish long-term customer relationships.
- Previous demonstrated success with complex sales and within in multi-layered environment preferred
- Work remotely, out of a Home office, >50% travel required
- Development of a territory and account-specific sales plan.
- Execution of plan to meet assigned sales quotas.
- Utilization and maintenance of CRM database.
- Deliver technical/scientific seminars and presentations on Illumina products and their capabilities.
- Demonstrate role and relevance of Illumina’s product portfolio and provide consultation to customers on same.
- Demonstrate command of scientific knowledge to engage in collaborative sales process.
- Partner cross-functionally across company to appropriately address the needs of customer base.
- Engage customers in complex sales environment.
- Successfully navigate and manage a multi-tiered sales process for both capital equipment, consumables, and services.
- Engage in accurate forecasting and sales pipeline management activities.
- Effectively prospect and generate new customer leads.
- Manage existing and continuously work to expand customer base.
- Develop and maintain strong customer connections at various levels in the organization.
- Understanding of next generation sequencing and genotyping is the foundation of the position and the portfolio
- Life Science Degree is required, advanced degree preferred
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information