All About Us
Illumina is improving human health by unlocking the power of the genome. Our focus on innovation has established us as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies, serving customers in the research, clinical and applied markets. Our products are used for applications in the life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging segments.
lllumina has experienced phenomenal growth from $10 million in revenues in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Forbes named Illumina #1 on the 2009 list of 25 Fastest-Growing Technology Companies in the United States, the second time over a three year period that Forbes ranked Illumina #1 on its list of rapidly growing technology companies. Illumina was also named #1 smartest company in the world as part of MIT’s 2014 Technology Review. As of February 2016, the company had a $21 billion market capitalization.
At Illumina we’re constantly taking on new challenges. We move fast, embrace change, innovate, and are relentless in the creation of great products. We believe this approach will aide us in our mission to transform human health by unlocking the power of the genome. In order to make that happen we need even more people to join our team. We are actively looking for new Territory Account Managers who share in our vision to improve the future for humanity. If you don’t see a current opening that fits your skillset and interests, please apply to this position and we’ll review your credentials for future opportunities.
Through Illumina’s leadership and innovation the cost of sequencing has dropped 2,000,000 fold in the last 10 years and has reached the $1,000 genome. Advances in genomics, proteomics, and related sciences introduce new diagnostics and companion therapeutics to traditional healthcare methods, which will have a monumental impact on society in the coming years. As researchers and clinicians incorporate new genomics technologies, the goal of improving human health through personalized medicine will become a reality for the general population.
Despite these advances, many obstacles lie in the path of realizing the promise of personal, precision medicine. The management of multiple technologies such as next generation sequencing, the increase in throughput, and the interpretation of patient data in a secure environment all require a robust informatics platform. Labs must be able to efficiently receive samples, track and process them and then analyze, interpret and share the results in a high throughput environment without error.
Illumina’s Enterprise Informatics Business Unit (EIBU) consists of over 300 individuals dedicated to addressing the informatics bottlenecks that prevent our customers from maximizing the potential of the recent advances in Genomics that our sequencing and array technology has provided. The modules that currently make up the informatics portfolio (called the BaseSpace Suite) are best in class and include some of the most established products in the Genomics Informatics market, including ClarityLIMS, SequenceHub and Correlation Engine/Cohort Analyser (formerly NextBio). Between them they are currently being used by hundreds of customers around the world and have been cited in thousands of scientific papers.
The EIBU Territory Account Manager will be responsible for selling Illumina’s Enterprise Informatics portfolio predominantly into key Medical Research Institutes, Clinical Labs and Pharma/Biotech companies throughout the Midwest and Southeast of the USA. In addition to controlling, organizing and directing sales activities through both strategic and tactical activities, they will be expected to partner with Illumina’s Commercial Account Managers and District Sales Managers who focus on the instrument and reagent side of the business to drive sales opportunities and to ensure achievement of territory sales objectives in line with the Company's mission. They will also be expected to provide regular reports on status of specific sales, potential market opportunities and market conditions, and competitor activities.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify the most compelling opportunities for Illumina’s Enterprise Informatics solutions. Develop and implement a sales strategy to capitalize on both a SaaS and on premise model within Academic, Clinical, Biotech, CRO and Pharmaceutical organizations
- Contact prospects to qualify interest and present the EIBU value proposition
- Develop proposals to meet expressed and perceived customer needs
- Build and maintain professional relationships within customer organizations and internal to Illumina
- Follow competitor products and activities to distinguish and leverage key differentiators
- Identify strategic partnership opportunities to enhance Illumina’s informatics profile, market share and product offerings
- Independently close sales of software and services, in some cases working with Inside Sales and Illumina’s Commercial Account Managers to ensure we are focusing on solutions as opposed to point products
- Record all customers/prospect communications and maintain the Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) database
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop programs and initiatives
- Provide feedback to Product Management regarding general customer requirements for future product release