All About Us
Illumina is improving human health by unlocking the power of the genome. Our focus on innovation has established us as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies, serving customers in the research, clinical and applied markets. Our products are used for applications in the life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging segments.
lllumina has experienced phenomenal growth from $10 million in revenues in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Forbes named Illumina #1 on the 2009 list of 25 Fastest-Growing Technology Companies in the United States, the second time over a three year period that Forbes ranked Illumina #1 on its list of rapidly growing technology companies. Illumina was also named #1 smartest company in the world as part of MIT’s 2014 Technology Review. As of February 2016, the company had a $21 billion market capitalization.
Job Summary: Through Illumina’s leadership and innovation the cost of sequencing has dropped 2,000,000 fold in the last 10 years and has reached the $1,000 genome. Advances in genomics, proteomics, and related sciences introduce new diagnostics and companion therapeutics to traditional healthcare methods, which will have a monumental impact on society in the coming years. As researchers and clinicians incorporate new genomics technologies, the goal of improving human health through personalized medicine will become a reality for the general population.
Despite these advances, many obstacles lie in the path of realizing the promise of personal, precision medicine. The management of multiple technologies such as next generation sequencing, the increase in throughput, and the interpretation of patient data in a secure environment all require a robust informatics platform. Labs must be able to efficiently receive samples, track and process them and then analyse, interpret and share the results in a high throughput environment without error.
The EIBU TAM will be responsible for selling Illumina’s Enterprise Informatics portfolio predominantly into Pharma/Biotech and key Medical Research Institutes in EMEA. In addition to controlling, organizing and directing sales activities through both strategic and tactical activities, they will be expected to partner with Illumina’s Commercial Account Managers and District Sales Managers who focus on the instrument and reagent side of the business to drive sales opportunities and to ensure achievement of territory sales objectives in line with the Company's mission. They will also be expected to provide regular reports on status of specific sales, potential market opportunities and market conditions, and competitor activities.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify the most compelling opportunities for Illumina’s Enterprise Informatics solutions. Develop and implement a sales strategy to capitalize on both a SaaS and on premise model within the Academic, Medical, Biotech, CRO and Pharmaceutical organizations
- Contact prospects to present the EIBU value proposition and qualify interest
- Develop proposals to meet expressed and perceived customer needs
- Build and maintain professional relationships within customer organizations and internal to Illumina
- Follow competitor products and activities to distinguish and leverage key differentiators
- Identify strategic partnership opportunities to enhance Illumina’s informatics profile, market share and product offerings
- Close sales of software and services working with Inside Sales and Illumina’s Commercial TAMs to ensure on-time fulfillment, overall product satisfaction and question/problem resolution
- Record all customers/prospect communications and maintain the Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) database
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop programs and initiatives
- Provide feedback to Product Management regarding general customer requirements for future product release
Ideally candidate will live on the East Coast in any metro area from New York to South Carolina.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Life Science discipline (genomics / genetics preferred)
- At least 7 years commercial experience with a successful track record selling complex software solutions to the Life Sciences market
- Established relationships in top pharma/biotech accounts and academic medical centres
- Capable of networking at all levels within customer organizations with a demonstrated ability to develop new market opportunities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to present information to various audiences
- Compelling drive to achieve targets
- Proven team player with an ability to thrive working independently as well as part of a collaborative team environment
- Capable problem solver that develops effective solutions for complex problems
- An understanding of Lab Information Management Systems (LIMS) highly desirable
- Experience working in a Market Development overlay function desirable
- This position requires travel (approx. 30% on average).
EOE / Minorities / Females / Veterans / Disabled