Temporary Research Scientist (Medical Genomics)
Chesterford Research Park, Cambridgeshire, UK
12 month contract / Full Time
Do you have experience in the areas of cancer genetics/genomics and DNA sequencing?
Do you have solid laboratory experience using molecular biology techniques?
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with the world leader in NGS technology?
As a Research Associate in the Medical Genomics Group at Illumina, you will work as part of an innovative team that is researching the clinical application of next-generation sequencing in cancer. You will carry out targeted and whole-genome sequencing experiments designed to detect the genetic variants that provide diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic information in cancer. You will work to refine applications of Illumina sequencing technology to meet with the changing needs of our external partners. You will also gather information from public sources to improve our understanding of the information that is actionable in cancer. This position will require working as part of a multidisciplinary team of scientists and bioinformaticians to deliver projects.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of sequencing libraries from case and control samples
- Assessment of sequencing results to determine outcomes, identify challenges and propose improvements
- Preparation of reports and communication to colleagues, seeking feedback for refinement of approaches
- Presentation of results and conclusions to colleagues across the R&D team
- Gathering actionable information in cancer from a variety of sources and population of a database with the findings
- Maintenance of strong working relationships within a multi-disciplinary environment