Technology Liaison Manager – Illumina Laboratory Services (ILS)
Permanent / Full Time; Cambridge
Highly competitive rates of pay which include annual bonus scheme, equity, private healthcare, 10% pension, gym membership and more!
Are you an experienced DNA sequencing scientist with a strong technical understanding of NGS technology?
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply this knowledge to come of the most exciting new applications of NGS technology – clinical genomics and population-scale sequencing?
Illumina Laboratory Services (ILS) is an exciting and expanding initiative that is applying Illumina’s core sequencing technology to large scale, high through-put (HTP) sequencing projects. Working with external clients, partners and consortia, ILS is leading the way in creating HTP-NGS workflows and applying them to ground breaking projects like the Genomics England 100K Genome Project. This is your opportunity to be involved at a very early stage of development and help realise Illumina’s goal of bringing the power of the genome to human health.
ILS is looking for a scientist with a strong background in NGS technology. We need someone who can act as a bridge between Illumina’s technical R&D/operations groups and the delivery team at ILS. Your in-depth knowledge of NGS will allow you to communicate the needs of ILS to the development teams as well as facilitate the incorporation of new technical advancements into the ILS workflows.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Management of cross-functional liaison on all aspects of sequencing technology, including coordination and interaction between multiple teams at Illumina
- Help ensure consistent and efficient operation of sequencing in the ILS laboratory
- Ensure reagents and systems meet performance and specifications required by ILS and ILS customers
- Ensure adequate testing, supply, storage and back-up of reagents and systems for continuous operation at capacities required to meet variable demand
- Proactively liaise with research and development, technical development, manufacturing, service engineers, technical support, informatics, regulatory and other departments as required to assist monitoring, troubleshooting, assessment and execution of sequencing performance.
- Coordinate with internal groups engaged in similar production sequencing activities, including research and development and Illumina Clinical Services Laboratory (ICSL)
- Test and assess new developments prior to introduction in the ILS laboratory,
- Knowledge of developing requirements, system design, development, manufacturing, sustaining, on-going risk management
- Participate in planning of strategy, integration, execution, and continued improvement of sequencing processes and infrastructure for high throughput and fast turnaround sequencing production in ILS.
- Collect information for technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses relating to sequencing performance and component testing and present this data when required at progress review meetings both internally and with customers.
This is a high impact, high visibility role within the business and would suit someone looking to use their NGS technical knowledge in an applied space. The role would involve working cross functionally, moving between Illumina’s Cambridge facilities, as well as meetings with external partners, so transport and a willingness to travel (~15%) is needed.