To build on our mission to improve lives through genomics, we are investing in our global laboratory footprint and are seeking a Technologist I / II to join our Woburn, MA clinical genomics facility. This individual will develop, optimize, and perform Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) assays.
- Perform laboratory functions in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Extract nucleic acids from various specimens including cell lines, human blood, fresh frozen tissue and FFPE tumor specimens).
- Participate in regular Proficiency Testing.
- Prepare auditing documents.
- Collaborate with the lab manager on all activities.
- Utilize an array of instrumentation, including Covaris sonicator, Agilent Bioanalyzer and TapeStation, ThermoFisher Qubit, and 10X Genomics Chromium Controller, Illumina sequencers.
- Execute next-generation sequencing (NGS)-based workflows including single cell RNA sequencing, exome and transcriptome sequencing.*
- Maintain batch record reports, consumable inventory, equipment, and calibration to comply with CLIA/CAP requirements.*
- Implement a laboratory data management system, including sample accessioning and management.*
- Utilize automation liquid handling systems to prepare NGS libraries.*
- Other duties as assigned.
*Denotes additional job responsibilities of a level II Technologist.