We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Technologist I / II to develop, optimize, and perform next-generation sequencing (NGS) assays in our CLIA/CAP laboratory in Woburn, MA.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform laboratory functions in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Extract nucleic acids from various specimens including cell lines, human blood, fresh frozen tissue and Formalin-Fixed Paraffin Embedded tumor specimens)
- Participate in regular Proficiency Testing
- Prepare auditing documents
- Collaborate with the lab manager on all activities
- Utilize an array of instrumentation, including Covaris sonicator, Agilent Bioanalyzer and TapeStation, ThermoFisher Qubit, and Illumina sequencers
- Execute next-generation sequencing (NGS)-based workflows including exome and transcriptome sequencing*
- Maintain batch record reports, consumable inventory, equipment, and calibration to comply with CLIA/CAP requirements*
- Implement a laboratory data management system, including sample accessioning and management*
- Utilize automation liquid handling systems to prepare NGS libraries*
*Denotes additional job responsibilities of a Technologist II.