Operating Company: Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT)
Location: Coralville, Iowa, United States of America
Job Category: Manufacturing & Operations
Job ID: R1130078
Technician II (Formulation - HTS)
Employment Status: Non-Exempt
Group: High Throughput Services
Sunday-Wednesday 8:30PM - 7:30AM
During COVID-19 Shift Divisions this position would be assigned a Mon Tues WedThurs Fri10:00 PM -5:50 AM shift
The Technician II (Formulation - HTS) position is responsible for handling products that fall outside of standard processing paths on an individual basis. This position will develop a plan and carry out necessary tasks to ensure the product meets customer expectations.
Job Specific Essential Functions:
- Makes independent decisions regarding a product's path based on individual attributes of the product and customer requirements
- Makes pass/fail determinations based on QC testing and customer requirements
- Documents procedures used for each product in custom software or by other controlled methods
- Identifies effectively, the need for documentation/process changes, process deviations, product non-conformances and other occurrences that can indicate the ineffectiveness of quality and/or manufacturing systems
- Creates work instructions, standard operating procedures (SOP) and oligo master records (OMR) that meet customer requirements
- Adheres to customer specifics (in a strict manner) as well as general work instructions and SOPs
- Performs training on new procedures
- Troubleshoots and corrects problems that may occur during daily operations
- Collaborates with members of team, as well as management, to ensure open communication and teamwork
- Initiates PCOs when necessary for process and instrument changes
- Programs, uses and maintains equipment used in the departmental tasks and processes
- Participates in the validation of equipment used and processes performed in the group
- Investigates customer complaints and obtains data for customer inquiries
- Participates in customer and regulatory audits, as needed
- Assists in utilizing metrics to monitor and communicate TAT and error rate to lab and upper management
- Adheres to all departmental protocols, rules, and safety regulations and understands the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and ISO 14001
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values
- Performs other duties as assigned
Position Specific Essential Functions:
- Creates and validates Excel templates
- Completes GMP sign off when required
- Identifies and investigates problems and suggests possible production improvements and solutions
- Assists in defining processes for new and existing products
- Assists in the validation of equipment used and processes performed by the department
- Associate's (2 year) degree or comparable combination of education and experience required.
- Bachelor's (4 year) degree preferred.
- Science-related field preferred.
- Proficiency in a variety of PC software programs with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (and an emphasis on Excel) required
- Ability to fluctuate priorities throughout the workday required.
- Ability to make decisions based on information not found in SOP's required.
- Ability to balance project work with production duties required.
Other Job Qualifications
- Strong attention to detail
- Uses aids and SOPs and departmental knowledge to make decisions about the proper production path per product
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to efficiently accomplish departmental goals
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to manage time and recognize responsibilities
Exert 20-50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or 10-15 lbs. of force frequently
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Generous Paid Time Off Accruals
- 16 Hours PAID Volunteer Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Up to eight (8) weeks of 100% paid parental leave to eligible U.S. associates
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options
Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT) conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available here .