- Monitors inventory of the group effectively; utilizing the ERP system.
- Follows the current processes for manufacturing, storage and transportation methods.
- Adheres to current RCRA and hazardous material DOT regulations and follows hazardous material spill response protocols.
- Gathers, interprets and analyzes oligo data.
- Ensures materials are prepared in a timely fashion.
- Changes and dispenses materials for production, as necessary.
- Participates in customer and regulatory audits, as necessary.
- Maintains accurate and detailed product, process, instrument and training records.
- Adheres to all departmental protocols, rules, contamination controls, and safety procedures and understands the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and ISO 14001.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Department/Group Specific Essential Functions:
- Gathers, interprets and analyzes scale readouts and BCMS scripts.
- Participates in the Hazardous Material Spill Response Team.
- Associate's degree in science related field plus 2 years of applicable lab experience required
- Bachelor's degree in science related field preferred
Other Job Qualifications
- Ability to operate job related equipment including the use of basic computer programs and systems to effectively carry out the duties of the position
- Knowledge of basic Chemistry
- Knowledge of safe chemical handling procedures and protocols
- Skill to gather, analyze and interpret data
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks efficiently and consistently
- Adaptability to performing under stress when confronted with emergent, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Adaptability to perform repetitive work or to perform continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence or pace.
Exert 50-100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or 25-50 lbs. of force frequently
Constant (67%-100% of work day)
- Reaching: extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: maintaining an upright position.
- Walking: moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Lifting: raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Using Fingers/Grasping/Feeling: writing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers or palm and perceiving attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touch.
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken work- those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds at normal range; ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when auscultating and percussing.
- Repetitive Motion: substantial movements (motion) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Pushing/Pulling: using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward/using upper extremities to exert force in order to drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Work requires close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read pertinent printed material and distinguish colors.
- Ability to accurately read measurements on equipment.
- Ability to prepare and read written documentation; use of computer.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.