We are Becton Dickinson Genomics, a start-up organization within BD Life Sciences. Our mission is to revolutionize life science research by enabling high-precision molecular assays focusing on single cells and precious samples for application in basic research, drug discovery and clinical biology. Cellular Research has developed Molecular Indexing™ to deliver these new capabilities. This technology enables direct and precise counting of individual molecules, genes, chromosomes, and other genetic molecules in very small samples and individual cells.
In this new position, the Technical Writer is responsible for developing, revising and implementing technical documentation for products marketed by BD Genomics. The Technical Writer collaborates with marketing, R and D, and customers across the suite of products in the development of product manuals, user guides, quick references as well as technical marketing literature, white papers, and data posters for scientific congresses and promotional purposes.
- Writes user manuals, instructions for use, data sheets and supports online documentation for products developed by BD Genomics.
- Assists with the development of technical content, using product specifications and information from subject matter experts
- Ensures accuracy, clarity, appropriateness, and consistency of documents; evaluates documents of other writers when appropriate
- Develops document plans for multiple products / product lines
- Manages the label review process and assists in the preparation of documents for production
- Assure compliance/conformity with existing corporate brand and locally defined regulatory guidelines
- Web, using product specifications, information from subject matter experts, and appropriate visuals.
- Works with R&D, marketing, quality, regulatory and production teams and associates to develop/revise official product documentation.
- Works with R&D and marketing in the development of technical marketing materials, assisting with abstracts, technical notes, white papers and scientific posters for conferences and publications