The Technical Writer will be responsible for creating standard operating procedures, work instructions, manufacturing support documentation, and training materials. The writer will work with a cross-functional team of subject matter experts to revise and improve existing company documentation, as well as, creating documentation for new company processes. This individual is responsible for adhering to tight deadlines and delivery of timely and accurate information to internal customers.
This is a contract position with an estimated duration of 12 months.
- Creates or edits standard operating procedures for Cepheid business processes
- Creates or edits work instructions for Cepheid manufacturing processes
- Manages document change process to support process improvements
- Creates or edits process flow diagrams
- Creates or edits training documentation
- A Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences or Engineering or equivalent in work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- General knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and overall writing skills.
- Must have good verbal communication skills for working on teams.