The Technical Sales Representative is responsible for the promotion and sales of IDT's full portfolio of custom oligonucleotide solutions across key application areas such as Next Generation Sequencing, Synthetic Biology, and qPCR. This role requires strategic and consistent delivery of customer support and satisfaction, while managing and driving customer consultations and partnerships within the assigned territory to achieve profit and revenue growth goals.
- Develops and manages assigned accounts strategically in order to deliver solutions and drive revenue growth
- Researches and understands territory growth opportunities for developing an effective business plan and sales strategy
- Maintains and develops strategic partnerships with key customers and leverages internal resources, when necessary, to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Develops the client relationship by understanding both short term and long term needs/goals for optimal positioning of IDT's products and services
- Schedules sales calls and travel itinerary to address customer needs and executes sales strategies through timely follow up, including detailed notes captured through CRM/Salesforce.com
- Communicates with internal sales/customer support service on all customer-related business.
- Builds sales rapport and business acumen with all customers.
- Prospects new accounts and prepares information for all sales calls to secure new customers.
- Educates and provides customers with current product sales information.
- Maintains records and communications with customer base through IDT's CRM program
- Researches and evaluates competitor's products for internal communications and effective product positioning for a successful sale.
- Develops innovative and creative sales strategies.
- Participates on product introduction team for new product launches.
- Participates in training and ongoing staff meetings at various IDT locations as determined by management.
- Participates in exhibitions where assigned and provides quantitative and qualitative feedback on assigned exhibitions
- Maintains regular and informative communications with the Regional Sales Manager.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in a Life Science field or Bachelor's degree with relevant Life Sciences sales experience required.
- PhD in a Life Science field preferred.
- Application experience within NGS, qPCR, cloning, mutagenesis, etc. and working knowledge of accounts in assigned territory preferred.
- Previous laboratory experience required
Other Job Qualifications
- Skill to effectively manage time to meet operational needs and desired outcomes.
- Skill to effectively organize information to meet operational needs and desired outcomes.
- Skill to prioritize workflow in a changing work environment.
- Knowledge of negotiation techniques.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience.
- Frequent travel (more than 20%) is expected.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.