Job Title: Technical Marketing Specialist II (NGS)
The position is ideally suited to a candidate with a strong molecular biology background and experience with Next Gen Sequencing (NGS) applications. The ideal candidate should have 2-3 years of experience in marketing, product sales or field support with excellent communication skills and must be comfortable giving scientific seminars. The Technical Marketing Specialist II is expected to work closely with a senior product manager and assist with duties related to generating scientific content for the website, marketing campaigns, and analyze sales and marketing data. Duties also include assisting with new product launches, conducting market research, training, working closely with the sales team, and giving scientific seminars at conferences and customer sites. The candidate is expected to be able to work independently in running marketing campaigns, measuring performance of campaigns and analyzing its impact on the health of product line. This position also involves closely interacting with R&D, field sales team, technical writers, and graphic designers. The candidate will be expected to handle multiple projects at the same time and hence good organizational skills are strongly desired.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in product launches and conduct market research.
- Create web content including product pages, technical notes and product selection guides.
- Independently conduct, monitor, and report on marketing campaigns.
- Regularly communicate with the sales team in order to train them on products and understand customer needs.
- Create collateral for our sales team.
- Some travel may be associated with the position to give seminars and meet with customers.
- Other projects as assigned.