We are seeking to recruit a Technical Coordinator to join the ELIXIR team at the European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI) located at the Wellcome Genome Campus near Cambridge in the UK.
ELIXIR is a unique undertaking that consolidates Europe’s bioinformatics resources, services, and national centres into a single, coherent infrastructure.
ELIXIR ensures interoperable tools, long-term sustainability and the reuse of life-science data by supporting community standards and running common services. As a distributed research infrastructure ELIXIR is built upon the bioinformatics services provided by the national ELIXIR Nodes.
The main purpose of this role is to provide the technical project management and service coordination needed to deliver an ELIXIR-wide comprehensive approach to the management, archiving, and responsible sharing of human data consented for reuse in scientific research. This will include development of data access and security strategies and governance processes in collaboration with technical colleagues from the ELIXIR Nodes, e-infrastructures and ELIXIR user communities.
Reporting to ELIXIR’s Head of Human Genomics and Translational Data you will
develop ELIXIR’s portfolio of projects in this area and participate actively in the development and promotion of best practices within ELIXIR. You will work with the scientists and technical experts at our 160 partner institutes across ELIXIR Nodes to ensure interoperable and long-term services.
- Provide bioinformatics technical knowledge and expertise within the Human Genomics and Translational Data domain to:
- lead technical planning;
- assess feasibility of activities coordinated by the ELIXIR Hub;
- identify existing technical solutions and components within ELIXIR that can be adapted and reused in different contexts;
- develop innovative approaches to drive impact, increase capacity and enable future scalability of resources and services;
- identify opportunities and risks for delivering ELIXIR human data services;
- support the Head of Human Genomics and Translational Data and ELIXIR partners to develop and coordinate services within the Human Genomics and Translational Data portfolio.
- Responsible for providing day-to-day management and coordination of ELIXIR human genomics and translational data projects and service portfolio ensuring impact;
- Survey the literature and conferences to identify findings from the broader scientific community that could be integrated into ELIXIR projects;
- Review and document progress and reports, continually assessing impact;
- Facilitate collaboration, communication and alignment with and between the other ELIXIR Platforms and drive technical integration within ELIXIR;
- Work collaboratively and develop relationships with ELIXIR colleagues as well as the external community to contribute to and enable collaborative use of ELIXIR services.