The Technical Application Specialist is a partner to the customer and sales team, providing pre- and post-sale technical support by addressing technical and scientific product/service and application questions during business core hours. This position resides in the US headquarters in Woburn MA (or home office). Technical consultation is focused on all products and services which are based on LNA™ technology, such as:
- Predesigned and custom designed LNA™ Oligonucleotides.
- RNA Isolation using high quality column-based RNA purification kits which are fully compatible with RNAlater® and Exiqon’s miRCURY line of products.
- Next generation sequencing of small RNA, microRNA, mRNA, and long RNA.
- Expression profiling including Microarray Analysis for global microRNA expression profiling and Quantitative real-time PCR which combines the unique advantages of LNA™ technology, Uni-RT and the well-known SYBR® Green detection technology in a simple two-step procedure designed for total RNA samples.
- Localization studies such as In Situ Hybridization using LNA™ Detection Probes and Kits for ultra-sensitive and specific detection of microRNAs.
- Functional analysis products, including microRNA mimics, inhibitors, and target site blockers, as well as GapmeRs for mRNA and miRNA, all for in vitro and in vivo use.
Exiqon was acquired by QIAGEN in June 2016 and in July 2017 we anticipate completion of the company integration which could expand the product portfolio and refocus the respective geographic support responsibility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Evaluate and prioritize incoming customer telephone, voice mail, or email requests for assistance regarding the research use of Exiqon products and applications; recommend corrective actions, and/or solutions to customer application questions. Identify correct resources for providing issue resolution, and provide follow-up as needed; input and track support cases in Sales Force.
- Facilitate custom oligo design ordering in close collaboration with customer, Technical Sales Specialists, and Order Handling.
- Design LNA-enhanced oligos for a diverse range of applications, based on customer requirements.
- Maintain technical expertise of existing and new product lines. This may include attendance in applicable training classes or laboratory bench sessions, including training trips to Denmark’s global R&D headquarters.
- Provide consultative scientific support, both pre-and post-sale, to facilitate an effective sales process.
- Exhibit the ability to look, listen, and probe for opportunities to expand Exiqon’s products, recommending new application or product redesign.
- Generate and present training seminars to the commercial team and end users, promoting the scientific capabilities of the Company and its products.
- Prepare and present scientific posters at exhibitions and symposia, and write and prepare seminars in order to raise the profile of the Company and its’ products.
- Be the “voice of the customer”, providing relevant feedback from customers to product management.