The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's.
Over the past 25 years, these institutions have worked together to support their mission of adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education. Join us and make a difference!
The Team Coordinator schedules all oncology-related patient appointments, including all outside consultant referrals, return visits, test ordering, and hospital admissions for the General Oncology and Hematology Clinics. The Team Coordinator is an integral member of a physician care service team and acts as a professional liaison for patients, families and other providers as well as other SCCA departments. The Team Coordinator takes initiative in scheduling patients in a manner that satisfies patient need and includes proper utilization of SCCA resources.
The Team Coordinator communicates among all constituents effectively, consistently and promptly. This individual works with considerable independence and is expected to be pro-active, use strategic thinking and sound judgment to accomplish their duties. He or she must keep abreast of changes to procedures and regulations related to patient care and maintain familiarity with all other SCCA departments and their functions in order to efficiently carry out their duties.
- Schedules all patient appointments related to treatment within the SCCA as well as outside UW consults and referrals. Coordinates patient schedule with patient and available SCCA resources, such as provider availability, Radiology Department schedules, and other SCCA departments.
- Communicates current schedules for patient treatment as well as any changes to treatment plan to all team members and patients via telephone, printed itineraries and email in an effective and timely manner. Notifies all appropriate departments and outside consultants of any changes. Plays important role in updating team on patient care issues.
- Collaborates with medical team to ensure that correct orders and requisitions are filled out properly so that appointments can be scheduled efficiently.
- Works closely with patient, families, visitors, providers and staff to identify needs, answer questions, resolve problems, provide information and follow up. Acts as a patient advocate.
- Serves as team liaison and promotes communication with team members when appropriate in order to facilitate excellent patient care.
- Documents information on all communications in a complete and accurate manner.
- Keeps accurate records and charts for follow up of related appointments, referrals and consults.
- Attends team meetings in order to assist team in planning and coordinating treatment plans.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Maintains professionalism in all facets of position; expands job-related knowledge and skills to improve performance.
- Maintains excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, providers, and SCCA co-workers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Three years of administrative experience required, preferably in a health care setting.
- Two years experience as a team coordinator recommended
- Experience with computer and data entry required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient in EPIC and ORCA
- College degree preferred.
- Medical terminology preferred.
- Experience coordinating physician appointments and patient services.
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2364705-2647-9321