Genomic Health is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer in our Process Engineering department. It is our mission to transform treatment decisions and outcomes in cancer by delivering clinically actionable diagnostics and services for patients. As the Systems Engineer, you will be directly responsible for the design, development and improvement of diagnostic genomic tests conducted within our state of the art Clinical Laboratory. These efforts involve application of robust Systems Engineering methodology utilizing but not limited to VOC, system architecture development, decomposition and concept engineering to the design and implementation of our in-house diagnostic tests. You will participate in the cross-functional diagnostic test development teams. You are passionate in businesses to help the cancer patients and have the background in Systems Engineering and the ability to deliver practical, efficient and reliable solutions in a dynamic environment.
The position will report to the Director of Systems Engineering within the Process Engineering organization.
- Champion of Systems Engineering. Develop, incorporate and systemize Systems Engineering into our procedures.
- Participate in cross-functional teams for the development of diagnostic tests in our Clinical Laboratory and devices.
- Engage in the day-to-day hands-on developments of diagnostic test systems, workflows, and processes.
- Serve as a Systems Engineering subject matter expert on the business workflows within Genomic Health, providing expertise in this area to colleagues within and outside Engineering
- Identify areas of improvements in the workflow, processes and systems and implement changes to optimize our test systems.
- Apply Robust Design / Design for Six Sigma principles to the diagnostic test development.
- Lead root cause analyses.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- A Bachelor degree in engineering with a minimum of five years of Systems Engineering experience.
- A track record of successful applications of Systems Engineering principles in distilling complex systems into simple subsystems. Determining and clearly documenting user needs, requirements, system architecture, trace matrices, system analyses and other relevant project deliverables.
- Process development and validation experience.
- Critical thinking skills required to judiciously plan and prioritize project activities for maximum leverage and impact. Demonstrated creativity and ability to persevere challenging situations with composure.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Six sigma, lean design tools and DOE.
- Digital Pathology and scanner development experience
- Automation Development
- Experience in developing diagnostic test in a highly-regulated environment (CLIA, FDA, etc.)
- Advanced degree