The Systems Engineering team designs, builds, and runs IT solutions and services for Fred Hutch. This role will work closely and collaborate with other IT teams, like Scientific Computing, to provide world class services to scientists and their staff who are pioneering research and translating discoveries into cures.
Calmly and quickly diagnose and fix critical failures?
Build innovative, production-quality tools to solve real operational problems in Ruby, Python, Perl or PowerShell?
Investigate complicated technical issues scientifically and thoroughly and fix them permanently so they don't come back?
Have a passion for advancing IT and Data Services to accelerate the elimination of disease?
If so, this job could be the perfect fit for you.
- Investigate, recommend, design, and build systems & services that meet quality, performance and sustainability criteria.
- Monitor and report on systems usage, capacity and availability. Set appropriate monitoring and alerting levels for systems
- Respond to incidents and service outages to restore service interruptions in a timely manner.
- Leverage the use of public and hybrid cloud technologies.
- Eliminate manual routine tasks via configuration management and automation tools
- Collaborate with other members of IT staff and end users to resolve technical challenges
- Participation in 24x7 on-call rotation
- Three to five years of in depth knowledge & experience of Windows or Linux
- Three years' in-depth experience with performance analysis, systems software, and systems architecture
- Two years of experience working with Amazon Web Services or Azure
- Shell scripting and expertise in at least one high level language (Python, PowerShell, Ruby, Perl, etc)
- Ability to work well with others
- Troubleshoot complex issues quickly
- Excellent communication, prioritization and analytical skills
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking, architecture and core technologies (DNS, LDAP, HTTP etc.)
- Passionate and committed towards advancing the use of public and hybrid cloud technologies
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE