Are you interested in working for an organization operating on the bleeding edge of the biotech sciences? Do you have a desire to be part of a company creating cutting edge technology that is uncovering the mysteries of life itself? Do you want to work at a company that uses robots and lasers and nanotechnology as well as high performance heterogeneous computing systems to see a single DNA molecule sequence in real-time? Pacific Biosciences is seeking a Systems Analyst/Technical Writer/Compliance Engineer to assist the R&D Software Group in adhering to our rigorous development processes. The candidate will assist in the writing and editing of our design documentation and functional specifications as well as creating traceability links between requirements, specifications, and test references in our HPQC database. The candidate will work closely with our software, hardware, and systems engineers to understand the technical details of our instrument and data processing pipeline to enable clear documentation creation and requirements tracking for adherence with our best practices policies and for regulatory compliance purposes. This is a position that requires someone who is technically sharp, very detail oriented and capable of learning about cross functional concepts and can understand the relationships between specific technical requirements and their effects on each other.
• Work in an exciting multi-disciplinary organization of software and hardware engineers, bioinformaticians, chemists, and molecular biologists developing state-of-the-art, single-molecule, genomic analysis systems.
• Assist software engineers in the writing and editing of design and functional specification documents as well as assist in writing automated test design documents.
• Maintaining documents including bringing all documents to a high and consistent level of quality. This effort also includes dealing with different document formats and the use of multiple editing tools.
• Establish data record linkages in our HPQC database between product requirements, functional specification items, and automated test references to create regulatory compliant traceable matrices.
• Maintain requirements traceability integrity throughout project execution including verification and validation phases.
• Guarantee that all of the documentation produced by our software engineers is meeting our regulatory compliance requirements including adhering to our standardized formats.