Under the supervision of the Vice President Business Development & Strategy, the System Service Engineer will be the primary service point of contact for Europe and deliver first class support to our distributing partners. He/She will be responsible of the service repairs of the GenePOC device at a central location in Belgium.
– Performing instrument diagnostics, repair, validation and re-qualification. Conducting trouble shooting support and distribution partner trainings for first line trouble shooting.
– Reviewing operational quality of equipment, error statistics and instruction of distribution partners in care and maintenance of our devices.
– Evaluating the instrument swab process and swab decision matrix, monitor and implement adjustments as needed.
– Plans, organizes and performs the service repairs as effective and efficient as possible and minimize the delay in device use to an ultimate minimum.
– Spare part stock management.
– Communicates directly with the instrument operations and R&D team, based in Quebec City – Canada, on the repair issues, trends, statistics, hardware software related issues and send the defect parts back for investigation.
– Applies with complained handling according to GenePOC’s SOP and ISO requirements; Identifies real complaints; reports them according to the most recent guidelines; supports the complaint handling process.
– Communicates directly with the distribution partners on the repairs executed and evaluates the process constantly to make improvements as relevant.
– Support the distribution partners with training and implementation of HIS/LIS/POC connectivity protocols. Supports the requirements needed by middleware providers to develop the drivers to connect GenePOC devices accordingly to customer needs.
– Supports in VOC efforts when seeking input on platform reliability and service.
– Performs reliability / Failure statistics to support GenePOC’s continues efforts to deliver high quality products to our customers.
– Provides logistic support for tradeshows, customer events, etc GenePOC is participating in.
– GenePOC’s European demo/validation/study instrument pool management. (maintenance, logistics, …).
– Experience with working in an international environment.
– Ability and willingness to travel and to travel on short notice (up to 20% Travel) either by car, train or airplane
– Performing other related duties as assigned.