Integrated DNA Technologies
Job Locations US-IA-Coralville
Category Manufacturing Operations
# of Openings 1
Posted Date 5/26/2017
Shift/Schedule MTWThF 10:00P-7:00A (United States of America)
Additonal Information ..
The Synthesis Scientist I synthesizes custom oligonucleotides according to the customer's order. This generally includes synthesis, cleavage, deprotection and QC sampling of the products being made.
Job Specific Essential Functions:
- Synthesizes oligos on various synthesizer platforms
- Cleaves and deprotects oligos utilizing appropriate methods
- Quantifies and samples oligos for quality control tests
- Attaches modifications utilizing various techniques
- Adheres to safety regulations, lab SOPs, and contamination controls
- Uses lab equipment including limited maintenance and troubleshooting activities
- Uses custom software packages to complete tasks and create final product
- Assesses QC data accurately and makes pass/fail decisions for oligos
- Handles expensive oligos and reagents
- Keeps thorough records of specialized processes in the oligo process history
- Follows documented custom instructions, when applicable
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values
- Performs other duties as assigned
Position Specific Essential Functions:
- Prepares oligos for final shipment to customer or for further processing in other departments.
- Performs decontamination programs on liquid handling instruments.
- Associate's degree in science related field plus 2 years of applicable lab experience required
- Bachelor's degree in science related field preferred
- Proficiency in a variety of PC software programs with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office required
Other Job Qualifications
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to efficiently accomplish departmental goals
- Ability to manage time and works independently
- Ability to communicate with peers and all levels of management
- Uses aids and SOPs to make decisions about the proper production path per product
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergent, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Ability to accept responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Ability to perform repetitive work or to perform continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence or pace.
Exert 20-50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or 10-15 lbs. of force frequently
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.