Integrated DNA Technologies
Job Locations US-IA-CoralvilleCategory Manufacturing Operations
# of Openings 1
Posted Date 17 hours ago
Shift/Schedule MTWThF 3:00P-12:00A (United States of America)
The Synthesis Scientist I synthesizes custom oligonucleotides according to the customer's order. This generally includes synthesis, cleavage, deprotection and QC sampling of the products being made.
Job Specific Essential Functions:
- Synthesizes oligos on various synthesizer platforms
- Cleaves and deprotects oligos utilizing appropriate methods
- Quantifies and samples oligos for quality control tests
- Attaches modifications utilizing various techniques
- Adheres to safety regulations, lab SOPs, and contamination controls
- Uses lab equipment including limited maintenance and troubleshooting activities
- Uses custom software packages to complete tasks and create final product
- Assesses QC data accurately and makes pass/fail decisions for oligos
- Handles expensive oligos and reagents
- Keeps thorough records of specialized processes in the oligo process history
- Follows documented custom instructions, when applicable
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values
- Performs other duties as assigned
Position Specific Essential Functions:
- Prepares oligos for final shipment to customer or for further processing in other departments.
- Performs decontamination programs on liquid handling instruments.