All About Us
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies list three years running, including #1 in 2014. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.
The Supervisor, Reagent Test will oversee the product release testing activities as part of the Reagent Manufacturing operation. The Supervisor oversees implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the performance of Illumina products. This Reagent Test function operates 18 hours per day, 7 days per week, on two shifts, with occasional overtime work. The Supervisor will directly oversee the QC Associates in this fast-paced operations team.
This is a Sunday – Thursday, 1st shift position (6:00-2:30pm).
All About You
- Oversee routine and non-routine analytical biochemical and molecular biology assays to support release, characterization and stability testing of raw materials, intermediates and finished goods.
- Schedule and coordinate resources to ensure QC activities are completed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with LCM Engineering to troubleshoot product performance issues.
- Escalate trends in data to management.
- Coordinate with Planning, Quality, Engineering, Shipping, and Manufacturing groups to deliver results.
- Lead talent acquisition activities which include identifying needs of the department, justification for budget to fill positions, coordinating with HR to market the position, review resumes, conduct interviews and identify and recommend a candidate as the potential hire, and employee orientation to the department and company.
- Lead talent development activities which include development training plans with employees to ensure they have the necessary expertise to successfully perform their jobs, provide ongoing guidance to employees, and career counseling to help employees develop and advance in their careers.
- Lead performance management activities including but not limited to:
- Setting performance standards
- Ensuring employees have appropriate and realistic job goals
- Providing ingoing feedback about employees’ performance
- Conducting performance appraisals, including assessing how the employees have performed and how they can improve their performance
- Developing performance improvement plans if employees’ performance is not adequate, and providing rewards for employee accomplishments
- Ensuring employees follow all applicable company policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned as determined by Management.
- 2+ years or related experience
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Prior lead/supervisory experience preferred
- Experience working with complex reagents, as well as functional and analytical assays to qualify and evaluate reagent performance
- Knowledge of next generation sequencing workflows helpful, but not required
- Experience in a GMP environment preferred
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties to meet timelines
- Familiarity with ERP systems, such as SAP, Agile, JDE
- Flexibility to be present during different shifts
- Bachelor’s degree; Molecular Biology or Biochemistry related life sciences degree is preferred.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.