All About Us
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies list three years running, including #1 in 2014. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.
The Production Supervisor will directly manage the associates, technicians and operators on this high throughput (and high rate of change) biotechnology production line. Collaboration with other shift supervisors, and the planning team, is critical. This is a 2nd shift (2:00-10:30pm) role for our Formulation team.
All About You
- Distribute work assignments effectively to meet schedule
- Assist line personnel in resolving job related problems
- Maintain an organized, safe and efficient work area at all times
- Monitor work being produced to make sure it meets all specifications
- Monitor workflow and control output through work order distribution
- Ensure production goals are met
- Communicate progress against these goals on a regular basis
- Schedule and manage resources, track and report results, troubleshoot issues, train employees, and implement process improvements
- Coordinate with Planning, Quality, Engineering, Shipping, and Manufacturing groups to deliver results
- Train technicians on the proper use of work instructions
- Responsible for efficient processing of work orders, reviewing batch records, maintaining training records, facilitating efficient shift changeovers, production scheduling and reviewing timesheets
- Drive projects with line personnel to improve yield and reduce waste.
- Solicit feedback and ideas from production personnel
- Manage the training program for direct reports.
- Manage the inventory control system (Kanban).
- Notify management of all requirements for tools, supplies, etc.
- Other duties as may be determined by Management
- Talent Acquisition activities which include identifying needs of the shift, justification for budget to fill positions, coordinating with HR to market the position, review resumes, conduct interviews and identify and recommend a candidate as the potential hire, and employee orientation to the department and company.
- Talent Development activities which include developing training plans with employees to ensure they have the necessary expertise to successfully perform their jobs, provide ongoing guidance to employees, and career counseling to help employees develop and advance in their careers
- Performance Management activities include setting performance standards, ensuring employees have appropriate and realistic job goals, providing ongoing feedback about employees’ performance, conducting performance appraisals, including assessing how the employees have performed and how they can improve their performance, developing performance improvement plans if employees’ performance is not adequate and providing rewards for employee accomplishments. Ensure employees follow all applicable company policies and procedures.