At Illumina we’re constantly taking on new challenges. We move fast, embrace change, innovate, and are relentless in the creation of great products. We believe this approach will aide us in our mission to transform human health by unlocking the power of the genome. In order to make that happen we need even more people to join our team. We are actively looking for new Engineering Supervisors who share in our vision to improve the future for humanity. If you don’t see a current opening that fits your skillset and interests, please apply to this Engineering Supervisor position and we’ll review your credentials for future opportunities.
We are looking for driven, talented Engineering Supervisor to join our growing Life Cycle Management (LCM) group. The LCM group works as an integral part of our Consumables Manufacturing process and is tasked with new product introduction and increasing quality and yield within our high volume production environments.
This individual will lead teams that provide technical leadership to new product introduction, production process development, improvement and sustaining efforts. Additionally, this person will partner cross-functionally with R & D, Quality, Finance, Production and other engineering groups to lead development of processes for new products and sustain and improve processes for existing products.
All About You
- Participate in process sustaining, definition and improvement, design, development and quality test activities in the making of consumable products or support of processes/equipment used to sequence genomes.
- Work on teams to develop and transfer new processes/products to production and enhance their robustness.
- Troubleshoot production line issues related to yield, quality and throughput.
- Construct and execute controlled experiments (including DOE's) to optimize processes, address yield and quality issues and drive implementation of solutions in a production environment to meet production goals.
- Analyze process test results, issue reports and make technical recommendations.
- Work cross functionally with R&D, Manufacturing and Quality to develop processes for new products and improve processes of existing products.
- Provide leadership and direction to the consumables Process Engineering team to accomplish all team goals and objectives.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, and training employees; maintains a safe, secure, and legal work environment.
- Manage team development through training, coaching and career mapping; develops personal growth opportunities.
- Lead continuous improvement and sustaining efforts for products and processes in support of cost and performance objectives.
- Lead, work on and guide teams to transfer manufacturing processes between manufacturing locations.
- Responsible for productive cross-site and cross-functional relationship between manufacturing sites.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead, coach and mentor direct reports required.
- Work experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical or semiconductor industries is desirable
- Experience working in an ISO13485 or FDA certified environment is desirable.
- Experience in high-volume production in a high-tech consumables industry is desirable.
- Experience in production support and/or process development is required.
- Experience with statistics, Statistical Process Control and DOE techniques are required.
- High level problem solving and reasoning skills required.
- Experience with product development processes and project management skills is desirable.
- Good interdepartmental communication, influence and documentation skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals while working across departments is required.
- B.S./M.S./PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnical Engineering, or MS/PhD in Materials Science or Physical Chemistry with at least 4 years of relevant experience in production support/sustaining and/or process definition and development, design, scale-up, improvement and validation. At least 1 year as a technical manager or 2 years as a production manager.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.