Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage and negotiate new product development NRE budgets with outsourced development suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- Manage and negotiate product production costs (materials, labor, overhead, margins, etc.) with suppliers to drive the best results for Illumina while ensuring all quality and product requirements are met.
- Drive RFQs and strategic sourcing activities for new products as requested.
- Manage design and development partners and suppliers during the development phase to strengthen relationship and ensure continuity of supply while reducing business risks.
- Develop metrics and drive supplier business reviews to drive schedule adherence, supplier process improvements, attainment of cost targets, assurance of supply, etc.
- Negotiate development agreements, statements of work, and supply agreements achieving favorable terms that mitigate business risks and protect Illumina’s IP while reducing product cost and inventory levels.
- Deliver project status and financial reporting as needed
- Ensure timely availability of new product manufacturing capacity as production demands scale up over time.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or a related field.
- Prefer MBA candidates
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities Required:
- Must have over 7 years proven ability in overall Supply Chain process development, project management and execution.
- Must have international experience managing suppliers and outsourced development partners
- Experience with Contract Manufacturing (CM) and Outsourced Design and Manufacturing (ODM) partners
- Strategic thinker; anticipates and develops business opportunities and priorities for future action while also executing on concrete business objectives
- Customer focused, very responsive, and action oriented to meet business needs while maintaining a positive, professional outlook.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time; both domestic and international
- Strong analytical skills that allow the successful candidate to extract core data from a variety of sources, draw conclusions and insights, and translate those insights into actions.
- Ability to deal effectively with pressure, multiple tasks, deadlines, and rapidly changing priorities.
- Aptitude to multi-task and lead projects / negotiations.
- Ability to work and interact with all departments within Illumina
- Willingness to challenge the status quo with sound rationale
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Project, Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf