We are seeking to recruit a Strategic and Scientific Services Officer. You will join the Strategic and Scientific Services team at the European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI) located at the Wellcome Genome Campus near Cambridge in the UK.
You will be a business analyst with a background in science and technology and will help handle strategic data and information flows at EMBL-EBI. Our team works closely with senior management and others to provide the EMBL-EBI Directors with the information they need.
EMBL-EBI provides freely available biological data to the global scientific community. We are at the heart of data exchange in Europe, and represent one of the highest concentrations of expertise in molecular data storage, analysis, representation, and research in the world. The Strategic and Scientific Services team works with the Directors to ensure the smooth flow of key information about services and research activities, providing management, analysis and visualisation of data relevant to the organisation as a whole. We also provide support in completing strategic grant proposals, and in matters relating to major collaborations.
As a Strategic and Scientific Services Officer, you would contribute to the broader strategic overview of the institute, and of the international bioinformatics landscape. You will interact with people throughout the organisation, and participate in diverse activities with our collaborators locally and internationally.
Your will be responsible for:
- Coordinating a large-scale, annual user survey and analyse the results
- Collecting and analysing usage statistics for EMBL-EBI’s resources and services
- Collaborating with the Strategic Project Management Office and providing clear summaries of project progress, highlighting key risks, issues and actions
- Participating in drafting, editing, and updating internal strategy documents, proposals, and progress reports
- Collecting and presenting service usage trends and other information for the EMBL Director General’s office
- Organising strategic events on behalf of EMBL-EBI service and research teams, and with collaborating institutes
- Managing projects within EMBL-EBI and as a representative on international collaborations.