The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) is responsible for enhancing customer satisfaction, building customer relationships, and selling the company’s products and services in the assigned territory to meet or exceed sales targets. The SAM is the overall account owner and drives the business growth strategy and tactical sales execution, utilizing all sales specialists within the Sales, Inside Sales, Market Support and Market Development teams to deliver complete product and service work flows to customer. The SAM will identify and coordinate the needs of the customer across the entire QIAGEN portfolio focusing on securing strong relationships based on contractual commitments. The SAM must be able to manage a territory, close opportunities and develop a plan to achieve assigned quota. He/she should be comfortable selling to Life Science, Molecular Diagnostic, Industrial and Applied Testing Accounts.
• Sales revenue / Budgets: Meet or exceed sales targets for all products and assigned business objectives. Develop tactical plans to maximize revenues.
• Strategy: Implement corporate strategy in assigned account base. Negotiate contract and execute pricing strategy to maintain existing business and develop new business.
• Planning / Forecasting: Develop and execute an effective business plan for the assigned territory. Create and deliver accurate forecast. Perform daily pre-call planning for increased sales effectiveness. Seek feedback to measure market dynamics.
• Business/Markets: Recognize market trends and gain competitive intelligence within territory. Communicate market information through business teams, CRM market feedback, and/or other approved channels. Drive and initiate development of new business opportunities in defined area.
• Manage Resources: Involve and support team members to achieve mutual company goals and objectives. Use CRM database daily for input and output of customer information to increase sales effectiveness. Meet expense budget guidelines.
• Customer Focus: Enhance customer satisfaction and increase our competitive advantage while building trust and relationships with customers. Develop strong relationships with key customers.
• Decision Making: Make sound business decisions based on relevant information, take calculated risks as necessary to achieve business objectives.