We are seeking an ambitious, highly-skilled, reliable individual who will be responsible for working with a multidisciplinary team to provide statistical and analytical support. This includes statisticians and scientists in research, bioinformatics, laboratory, epidemiology and biostatistics projects. The individual will partner with senior scientists in the development of strategies to perform genomic/multi-omic analyses, experimental/data study design and the preparation of study results for GMI and GMI partners. We are looking for an individual with a solid foundation in statistics and genetics who will work with a large multi-disciplinary collaborative team to (1) design highly powered, deep phenotyped data sets, (2) optimize the generation of high quality multi-omic next generation sequencing data and (3) investigate the “omic” basis of complex, oncological and rare disorders. This position offers an exciting opportunity to an individual who wishes to apply his/her knowledge to genomic analysis to characterize genetic disorders associated with disease diagnosis, prognosis, patient stratification, pharmacogenomic response and drug target identification.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review, develop and apply new statistical and computational methods integrating multiple data sources, self-reported data, clinical endpoints and biomarker data.
- Define study endpoints, study design, power calculations, assist with Case Report Form development and dataset specifications
- Provide statistical support for laboratory-based quality control, validation and production metrics.
- To assist in the preparation of scientific publications, presentations, reports and grant proposals
- Provide strategic and analytic support for internal review, and to support GMI decision making
- Communicate findings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Consult and provide statistical training within GMI and to GMI collaborators.
- Evaluate new technologies/algorithms
- Think and work independently as a part of an interdisciplinary team.
- To provide the statistical support to other GMI functions as necessary.