Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
The Statistical Research Associate (SRA) will be a member of the statistical team of the Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG) Statistical Center in the Public Health Sciences Division. SWOG is a national clinical trials cooperative group funded by the National Cancer Institute. SWOG's Statistical Center provides support of translational research to target markers of disease prognosis and treatment prediction and development of methodology to improve clinical trials design. The SWOG Statistical Center includes approximately 20 biostatisticians, roughly half of whom are faculty and the other half SRAs.
The primary activities of the Statistical Center involve the design, implementation and analysis of clinical trials that assess therapeutic interventions for all types of adult cancers as well as cancer control and prevention trials.
- Work with other statisticians and medical collaborators on the design and analysis of cancer clinical trials
- Participate in the analysis of data from large medical databases
- Participate in the analysis of translational research data potentially including high dimensional data
- Prepare written summaries and tables of results for use in study reports and scientific papers
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Master's degree in Statistics or Biostatistics and a minimum of six months of experience in statistical consulting
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Programming skills are required, specifically with SAS
- Experience with statistical and computational methods for the analysis of complex data
- Experience in the analysis and design of clinical trials
- Experience with R programming
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2360586-2647-1421