Inscripta is developing the world's first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Staff/Principal Chemist which can be located in either our Boulder, CO or Pleasanton, CA office.
We are looking for an outstanding Staff/Principal Chemist to drive development of a CRISPR-based DNA editing platform. This individual will innovate in areas of chemistry development, process optimization, hardware/consumable development, and product automation. Essential aspects of this position include project leadership, innovative solutions, formulation design, synthesis, and analysis. The right candidate will leverage their creativity and R&D experience to build an industry-leading genetic-engineering platform in a highly innovative, team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Provide scientific leadership in a technical team to build a high-throughput automated, genetic-engineering platform
- Design and synthesize new compositions of matter including polymers, materials, and chemistries for use in fluidics and nucleic acid applications
- Perform bioconjugation, purification, and characterization of oligonucleotide complexes
- Flexibly contribute to high-priority tasks across platform development efforts
- Present clear and concise written and oral communications to colleagues and supervisors